HGV Class 1 Agricultural Haulage Driver (harvest casual contracts)
We are looking for casual HGV Class 1 (LGV C+E) drivers to assist with our dry bulk and water haulage operations during our busiest time (July-January inclusive). Base location is Bunwell, South Norfolk. The lorries are Class 1 artic combinations designed to carry 29T of combinable crops or sugar beet, or up to 28,000L of water, from farms into delivery sites in the East of England. Different contracts (full time fixed term contract, weekends only, weekdays only, casual, zero hour) available to suit the circumstances of the right candidate.
– HGV1 licence with Driver CPC
– Interested in agriculture and agricultural haulage
– Prepared to work 8-14 hour days between the hours of 5.00am-8.00pm
– Good availability over harvest (July-October)
– Previous agricultural experience desirable but not essential
– Confident with driving HGVs down country lanes and reversing into/around agricultural premises
– Reasonably fit and able to safely operate manual rollover sheets from height
A typical day will start between 5.00am and 6.00am and take you to a grain store on a farm where you will be loaded with corn. You will weigh and sheet your load and deliver it to one of our customers’ storage or processing sites in the East of England.
Water jobs are occasional and can vary from swimming pool filling and supplying local food producers with additional water, to supplying large volumes of water for major infrastructure building projects in the area over several weeks. Previous tanker experience not necessary as full training will be provided.
Benefits & Pay
– Basic and two rates of overtime pay, with pro rata earnings potential in the region of £46-50k pa depending on hours worked:
– Basic £12.00/hr (First 8 hours M-F)
– OT1 £13.75/hr (>8 hours M-F, all hours Saturdays, first 8 hours Sundays)
– OT2 £18.15/hr (> 8 hours Sundays, all hours bank holiday)
– Paid breaks
– Tax free overnight subsistence allowance of £26.20
– CPC training organised and paid for by the Company, on Company time
– Weekly pay
About The Business
G Easton & Son Ltd are a small family farming and haulage contracting business based in South Norfolk. We haul our own produce as well as for third parties. We have a small team of skilled and supportive drivers that we hope you will enjoy working with.
Please submit your application via the form below. Please call 01953 789333 to discuss the job or request an application form. Visit https://Facebook.com/EastonsYard for videos and photos of the work we do.
Apply for a job at Eastons’
1a. Complete and send your application to us online
Before you begin, ensure you have the following to hand:
- Your National Insurance (NI) number, if you have one.
- Details of any convictions or licence endorsements, if applicable.
- Approximate dates and full details of your recent job history.
- Approximate dates and details of your qualifications.
- Approximate dates and details of your Continuous Professional Development, skills and training.
- Details of two referees, one being from your most recent employer.
- Scans or photographs of your driving licence, DQC (if applicable), and job-relevant training certificates.
The application is 4 pages long and takes an average of 20-30 minutes to complete.
1b. Or print out an application form and return it to us by post
If you are having problems downloading an application form, please call 01953 789 333.
Please check you have the correct postage and post your completed application form to the recruiting office before the closing date:
G.Easton & Son Ltd
We regret that we are unable to automatically acknowledge receipt of applications sent by post.